column

One of the most sad days in these 3 years for me

Home Forums Coffee Break One of the most sad days in these 3 years for me

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    mr-s

How Harmful when the fighting and being Homeless oblige you to give up a part of your self or soul , just today i said good bye to one of my tow Venus Harps , i feel so depressed of that , selling the things you dreamt the whole of your life to get is so harmful , how difficult is to give up a thing that you still love and like , i said morning good bye to my Harp in his new trip and felt that the half of my Heart gone with him 🙁 , Good bye my dear , and so sorry that i couldnt be able to keep you with me as i am my self dont know if will stay alive or not , Good bye .

Sylvia
    Participant

I know I would be absolutely torn apart to have to sell mine. But you have even so much more to deal with. I’m glad you are alive and hope you can someday buy him back when that terrible war ends.

kay-lister

Mr. S

Believe me, I know how much your harp means to you – but as you said, it is a “Thing”. Things can be replaced, but YOU can’t. You have the wonderful memories of your harp, and I pray that there will be many more wonderful memories for you and those you love. Stay strong and know that you are being prayed for.

Blessings,
    Kay

carl-swanson
    Participant

Basel- I know how much that must have hurt. All of us who play the harp have so much of ourselves in our instruments. But you did the right thing. First, because that may have been the only way to save the instrument itself. In your situation, it would have been impossible to keep two instruments safe and with you. Secondly, you have to make yourself the first priority now. When things improve, then you can think about getting another harp again. Stay safe, and don’t worry about anything other than that.

Sherj DeSantis
    Participant

I’m sorry Basel. As always, I will keep you in my thoughts. We are all still praying for your safety and a better life. As Kay said, it is a thing, and you are far more precious than any thing. I am thankful for your safety, and hopeful for your future. My prayers for peace. SherJ

I agree with everyone who has posted here. Your life is precious and irreplaceable. Your safety is paramount. A part of your soul has not been torn away from you; rather, the harp you loved so much is inside your soul, where it will always be. Praying for your safety and for peace.

Owosso Harpist
    Participant

I know how you feel. Years ago, after renting him for 2 years, I had no choice but to give up on “Gilligan” a Lyon & Healy style 15 I rented from Michigan Harp Center because I couldn’t afford to rent it any longer. I loved that harp deeply. When the harp left, a huge part of me was gone with him. I was a real sad experience for me. I still miss him to this very day. Please by all means stay safe. My prayers for peace and your safety.

jessica-wolff
    Participant

Wishing you the best.

catherine-rogers
    Participant

We are keeping you in our prayers.

Bonnie Shaljean
    Participant

So sorry to hear this, Basel. I’ve just seen your message, and can’t add anything to what the others have already said, but you’re in my thoughts and prayers. Stay safe!
    B xxx

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.