harpcolumn

Ok guys, opinions on Camac?

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Young Harpists Ok guys, opinions on Camac?

Viewing 5 posts - 46 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    S M
    Participant

In case you didn’t know, Plato was a student of Socrates.

I agree that new things don’t have to always be embraced, such as rap.

unknown-user
    Participant

It is true that we live in a culture of hamburgers. What a hamburger is to fine cuisine, so is some “pop” music to fine art music. It is possible, though, for a great chef to serve a “hamburger” that is fine cuisine. It is common to either embrace or reject something on the basis of it being new. I used to teach an Asian music course and even though the classical music of Asia has stood the test of time, many westerners have trouble accepting it because it falls so far outside their experience. It is too new to them. There is an interesting balance created between artists who defend traditions and standards and artists who explore new areas and apply old standards to new art forms. It is never a perfect process, but there are different, important roles for people to play in the arts.

Evangeline Williams
    Participant

I have to agree that sometimes CGs are impossible to move.

unknown-user
    Participant

I see that I failed to mention that I have rhuemetoid arthritis in my spine and knees. That’s the reason I fear moving my concert grand sometimes, that putting pressure on my joints may make it worse.

However, this past school year (04-05) I’ve had so many rehearsals/performances, etc. for which I need to bring my CG, I’m actually getting a lot better at moving it. It used to take me a good half hour to get the 4-peice cover on, and now it only takes about 5 minutes.

Now, my new harp-bound-saga is the wheather and all the darn strings that break. So expensive to maintain a harp…

amanda-acosta
    Participant

Dear Steven,
    My harp teeacher in Paraguay had a camac for many many years and it did not age well at all. Jaquez the camac president said that it was bc the older versions of Camac werent as good as they are today. My teacher send his harp recently to the Camac and it was in such bad conditions taht they gave him a new one. I have heard new Camac harps and yes they are light, and sound qutie nice, but i wouldnt be to keen in buying a Camac since you enver know what will happen to them in the future.

Viewing 5 posts - 46 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • The forum ‘Young Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.