harpcolumn

Nutcracker etc cadenzas – original and Zabel versions

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Professional Harpists Nutcracker etc cadenzas – original and Zabel versions

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Fearghal McCartan
    Participant

Hi, I know that the Tchaikovsky cadenza question is asked pretty frequently but I have just found an old post that said there is a book of Swan Lake, Sleeping Beauty and Nutcracker excerpts you can get from International Music in NYC and that

Fearghal McCartan
    Participant

Thanks Clinton. I was guessing that you would have an answer for my query. I’ve looked on IMC with no luck so will e-mail the other co. after the weekend. I will also have a try with Salvi here in the UK in case they have heard of it.

Cheers

It was a Russian edition by Dobrodinsky, I think, and Lyra should still have it, I would think. It is probably under methods or collections or orchestra parts. I don’t know if all the cadenzas are complete. I would also get the complete parts.

Fearghal McCartan
    Participant

Cheers.

I also discovered the joy that is the IMSLP earlier this year and have been trawling through it work by work in order to build up a library of harp parts. I found both the complete and suite versions of Tchaikovsky’s major ballets there. Another super resource indeed!

Fearghal

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Professional Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.