harpcolumn

Nutcracker edit Act II No. 10

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Repertoire Nutcracker edit Act II No. 10

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    martha-moor
    Participant

At measures 21-24, I’ve always played the RH as written, but I’d like to try something else this time around. There’s often a huge accelerando & it’s hard to stay in touch with the conductor there — and of course it’s totally exposed.
    Suggestions for measures 19-20 also welcome.

I was taught to do it like the cadenza, so that you alternate the hands, in triplets instead of quadruplets.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    martha-moor
    Participant

Thanks for the prompt response Elizabeth! And for the attachment — most helpful.
    I’ll give this a try. I wrote myself a note last time to try triplets this time, but I was using two hands in the RH register instead of picking up some LH.
    Do you know whose edit this is? I’m surprised they didn’t keep the harmonic changes at the beginning of your bar 20, but maybe it all fits together well. Hard to judge without trying the whole thing in context. (My bar numbers are one off because I have a second ending on the opening repeat.)
    I appreciate this So Much! Will let you know how it turns out.

I got this from Judy Loman back in the 1970’s, when I played with the National Ballet of Canada Orchestra. I don’t know whether Judy still does it this way, but I do.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies