harpcolumn

notifications

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    kay-lister

Hi there Hugh,

I have marked “No” for receiving e-mail notifications, but I am still getting them on forums which I have commented.

Kay

HBrock25
    Participant

Interesting, I will take a look and let you know — there must be a way to turn them off entirely.

–Hugh

HBrock25
    Participant

OK… when you say “I have marked ‘No'”, where exactly did you do that? I know you can do it from your Community profile (Community -> Profile -> Settings), but I’m wondering if there is another place as well.

Let me know,
    –Hugh

kay-lister

Hugh,

I went to – Home, log in, My Profile, Settings and then e-mail.

K

Sylvia
    Participant

I don’t want them, either.

HBrock25
    Participant

I believe I have found a solution. I added a little plugin that gives you control of all your forum notifications. Kay, if you go back to the exact same spot you went to before, at the bottom of that profile screen you will see some new options that let you turn off all notifications from replies to your posts and so on. If you wouldn’t mind trying that out and letting me know if it works, I’d very much appreciate it.

–Hugh

kay-lister

OK Hugh – done. I’ll let you know if I get any more notifications.

THANKS,
    K

HBrock25
    Participant

Well, if it was that easy to fix, yay! That’s one of the reasons we switched to this platform… there is a plugin for practically everything.

–Hugh

kay-lister

UH OH Hugh – still getting them.

Kay

HBrock25
    Participant

Kay, I’m testing something, please let me know. If my theory is correct, you should receive an email for this reply to your message above, but not for the one I’m about to send.

HBrock25
    Participant

Kay, you should not receive an email for this reply, let me know if you do.

kay-lister

OK – so far, so good . . . I got “Nuttin Honey” – YAY!

😉 Kay

kay-lister

Bummer, thought it was all fixed but got another notification this afternoon
    Hugh.

Kay

kay-lister

Is anyone other than me STILL getting notices? HELP HUGH!!

Kay

Tacye
    Participant

I have got a couple recently despite having ticked ‘no’ in all the email boxes. It seems to apply to old threads which I contributed to on the previous site – I am somehow subscribed to them.

Email from staff@harpcolumn.com is now shunted to an email oubliette!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies