harpcolumn

Notation software on iPad?

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Harps and Accessories Notation software on iPad?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    billooms
    Participant

Several months ago I took the plunge and bought an iPad Pro (12.5″) and ForeScore software. I’m really happy with the change.

Yesterday I was writing out some music by hand with pencil and paper. So I figured there had to be an app that allowed you to write music directly on the iPad with the Apple Pencil. I found the following apps: NoteMe, Notation Pad, Notion, Symphony Pro, and MusicJOT. The reviews in the app store are somewhat mixed. Most of them cost more than the ForeScore software. Many of them have addition “in-app purchases” too.

I use Finale on my desktop computer, but I’m looking for something that I can quickly write on the iPad while sitting at the harp. Anyone with experience using any of these apps?

billooms
    Participant

Since there have been no replies, I decided to go ahead and buy one of the apps. I chose the Notion software because they’ve been around for 5 years and also because their web site has some short videos on how to use the program.

After I’ve used it for a few weeks, I’ll do a review and share my thoughts on the app.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.