harpcolumn

New Xavier de Maistre cd – this week

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Coffee Break New Xavier de Maistre cd – this week

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    unknown-user
    Participant

Hello everyone! Just wanted to give a “heads up” to any fans of Xavier de Maistre – a new cd is due to be released this week (June 22-30 2009)…

For those who want more info – http://www.xavierdemaistre.com

Kind regards! William

I looked at his discography and his recent cds. Not to turn off those who are interested, but there is so much literature for the harp, I see no reason to resort to gimmicks to fill a recording, and I am offended, in a way, when they say that he has somehow single-handedly revolutionised the way anyone sees the harp, I mean, they must be deaf, dumb and blind to think that just because he’s a guy or something else I don’t know of, it is suddenly a revelation. It’s just like they did to promote Markus Klinko in the 1990s, and it didn’t work too well then. But maybe they are just that ignorant about the harp in Europe. Maybe they have no exposure to the breadth of our literature or to male harpists (how quickly they have forgotten Maestro Zabaleta). More likely, it’s just silly public relations talk. I have been told they only want to hear the same old stuff on the harp, nothing new or different, no challenges, no broadening. Maybe that’s why so many cds have the exact same repertoire. What do I know about it?

But I will say congratulations to him on his success and his accomplishments.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies