harpcolumn

New website up seeking feedback

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Professional Harpists New website up seeking feedback

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Gregory Sawisky
    Participant

Hello everyone,
    I’ve finally made the plunge and published a website. Just curious to see if anyone has some feedback and recommendations?
    http://www.gregorysawisky.com

Thanks!
    Greg

mark-andersen
    Participant

Hi Gregory,
    The website looks really nice. It is very informative without being too much of a sales pitch. Personally I would have liked to see a video clip or two of your playing or at least a couple of audio clips. If you don’t want to take up a lot of space on the server you could always post your clips to YouTube and then link to them on your site. Other than that you’ve done an excellent job.
    Mark

brook-boddie
    Participant

Greg,

It looks great!

tonya-a
    Participant

Your website looks very lovely – did you do the design work yourself?

Jerusha Amado
    Participant

Hi Gregory!

I would like to see actual titles of songs in the “contemporary section”, with a few titles to represent every genre that you perform.

I agree with the other posters who have said that the site is clean and uncluttered, with wonderful photography.

Philippa mcauliffe
    Participant

I love the photography

barbara-fackler
    Participant

Greg,

I think I’d omit the part on your home page about how long you’ve been studying harp, or reword it. You want to sound like a professional and not a student. This sounds like you are still studying. Better to list how long you’ve worked professionally or semi-professionally. You covered your studies on the about page.

Greg, In the late 90’s I also took the excellent summer course with Rita Costanzi when you, and Ariel Weingarten from Portland, Oregon also attended. It’s wonderful to learn you kept up your harp study since then, and even have your own web site! Rita is an outstanding teacher, and is now in New York City. Very best wishes to you!

Gregory Sawisky
    Participant

Hello Patricia!

How wonderful to re-connect. I certainly remember that summer (and I recall I was a rather young and overwhelmed harpist at that time).

Best in return.

Greg

Josiah hahaha
    Participant

Greg,

I would suggest you take down the part that says you are a celtic harpist. For someone who wants to simply hire a harpist they will probably interpret celtic harpist to mean that you only know celtic music.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘Professional Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.