harpcolumn

New harpcolumn.com features

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Coffee Break New harpcolumn.com features

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Jessica A
    Participant

Why does the members online show a gazillion every time?

deb-l
    Participant

Jessica Hugh mentioned above that now when people stay on the website the time limit before they are no longer counted as being online has been extended.

deb-l
    Participant

actually it’s under the questions and problems thread, he said he extended the length of time before our sessions time out, which meant that people are counted as being online longer

tony-morosco
    Participant

Yes, I think it looks a little better. When I zoom the text seems a bit easier to read. Thanks Hugh.

unknown-user
    Participant

Tony,

You might consider that this is an issue on your end. For me, not matter how much I zoom in, the text is completely readable as long as it is big enough to read. Generally, the way these pdf files work is so that the text is actually encoded as text, not an image. This means that it should never become fuzzy – it’s just like zooming way in on an MS Word document. My first guess would actually be that you may be having an issue with the way you’re viewing and/or downloading the file. Perhaps if you’re reading on a tablet like an iPad the pdf would function differently… On the other hand, I did notice that the image quality went up slightly, but I thought it was fine in the first issue.

~Sam

tony-morosco
    Participant

I am viewing it on an iPad, But honestly any ebook or emagazine should be optimized to work on iPads and other tablets since that is how a lot of people view them, and more and more will be in the future.

However, as I mentioned in my first post to Hugh, the image wasn’t terrible and was still readable, just not as easily other magazines (I don’t subscribe to any print version of a magazine anymore other than the Harp Column). The bump up in resolution Hugh made improved it. I was

angelica-vianna
    Participant

I am having a hard time downloading the current issue from the site, my subscription is online only and I only see HC-subscribers link where it is required to place customer ID from subscription label, but I do not have a HC to check the label´ID nor have a customer ID sent by email.

I already sent 2 emails since thursday with no responses.

Does anybody with same type of subscription is having this problem?

any help would be great,

Thanks ,

Angelica.

HBrock25
    Keymaster

Hello Angelica!

I apologize — there is a manual step we have to do at the office to update folks’ customer IDs once they subscribe. We left yours out by mistake!

If you go back to the site now you should be able to download the latest issue without any trouble. Thanks for being a Harp Column subscriber.

angelica-vianna
    Participant

Worked like a charm, thanks Hugh, your service is great to us all.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.