harpcolumn

new harp won’t stay tuned, is it normal?

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Amateur Harpists new harp won’t stay tuned, is it normal?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    unknown-user
    Participant

Hallo everybody,

I just bought a small harp for travelling, a new Camac harp
    called Bardic, with 27 strings,

Audrey Nickel
    Participant

Did

barbara-low
    Participant

I wouldn’t worry about the harp going out of tune quickly, which will happen with a new harp. The wood and strings all need time to settle in, and depending on the kind of strings, some take longer to become stable than others.

There will be some variations in depth when setting the tuning pins, but if you’re concerned you should contact the seller/maker.

unknown-user
    Participant

Hallo,
    the harp is new and has nylon strings, so I guess the tuning problem is temporary.
    The pins where probably like that when I bought it, but I didn’t really checked that. I just would like to know if others have harps with pins that are inserteted in the wood slightly irregularly (I’m not sure I explained very well what I mean). I’m so paranoid about this harp because I flew with it. They let me take it to the plain myself, then they put it away (not in the cabin) and they gave it back to me bafore going off the plain, so even if it didn’t fay as standard luggage, it hasn’t been in my sight all the time.
    Thanks folks 🙂
    M.

unknown-user
    Participant

Oh, that wasn’t exactly English in my last post…Sorry, hope it’s clear though!

M.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Amateur Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.