harpcolumn

Need to Rent or Rent-to-Own a pedal harp

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Coffee Break Need to Rent or Rent-to-Own a pedal harp

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    madelyn-delillah
    Participant

Hello harpists!
    So I’m looking to rent or do a rent-to-own thing on a pedal harp. It can either be semi-grand or concert grand either/or is fine. I am particularly interested in a Lyon and Healy style 30 in an ebony finish just because It’s my favorite harp out there. I don’t really care what style it is but I am looking for either a Lyon and Healy or Salvi if it’s rent to own, if just renting, then a Venus is also fine. If anyone knows of a company who does rent-to-own or knows a private owner who is willing to work out a payment plan, I’d love to know. Also if anyone knows of anyone in or near the Chicago area that is just renting a pedal harp I’d love to know as well. If further away it doesn’t really matter as long as we can work out shipping.
    Thanks for your time!
    -M

lyn-boundy
    Participant

Hi Madelyn – I suspect this thread may have answers to some of your questions – http://www.musicstand.me/forums/coffee-break/posts/19042. Good luck!

madelyn-delillah
    Participant

Hi Lyn,
    Thank you for the link. I actually looked through it and emailed both harps unlimited international and the guy (who’s name I currently can’t remember) who says to have harps for rent and is located in Florida and neither bothered to get back to me and its been about 2 weeks since both emails went out. I’m going to begin to look elsewhere since those last two seem like a dead end at this point.
    Thanks
    -M

lyn-boundy
    Participant

That’s such a shame and so frustrating. I wish I could offer more help but I’m several thousand miles away – here’s hoping somebody else will have some suggestions.

Owosso Harpist
    Participant

Budget Harp Rentals is the place to look into to get a rent to own harp. It’s in Jacksonville, FL and it’s owned by Dickie Fleicher. Here’s the site containing more information on how to get started. http://www.budgetharprentals.com/

madelyn-delillah
    Participant

Hi Sherry,
    Thank you for the link! I will make sure to check it out and shoot them an email and/or phone call soon.
    All the best
    -M

Be sure to read the fine print on a document for agreeing to “rent to own” a musical instrument. Some companies only allow part of the money you pay, to apply toward ownership. There is interest added to the cost, unlike an outright cash purchase. That interest might be as high as 18 per cent!!

patricia-petersen
    Participant

I have a Lyon & Healy Style 2000 in ebony for sale. The ad was just submitted to the HarpColumn classifieds; hopefully it’ll be approved and posted within a few days. Please feel free to call me at (510) 919-8019.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.