harpcolumn

Need someone to repair Tryolean harp

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Harps and Accessories Need someone to repair Tryolean harp

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    ipswichclam
    Participant

Greetings,

I am not a harpist, but I have been asked by a colleague to help her evaluate and repair a broken Tryolean folk harp. I believe she purchased this instrument in Germany or Austria, probably in the 1990’s. I believe the sound board is broken, but I will need to confirm that.

I consulted a local harp technician who did not have any experience with these folk instruments, and consequently did not know of a repair shop to recommend. She suggested posting the question here.

I will try to get some photos and more information, but does anyone have any recommmendations? The harp is the Boston area, but the owner may be willing to bring someone in from another city.

Many thanks!

Biagio
    Participant

Two respected harp makers nearby are Carl Swanson (on this list) and Rick Kemper in Maryland.

Biagio

carl-swanson
    Participant

Biagio- I appreciate the recommendation. But I only work on pedal harps.  I hope there is someone around who is willing to work on this instrument.

gail-lever
    Participant

October Mountain Folk Harps ( http://www.octobermountainfolkharps.com/) is in western MA. The website says, “<span style=”color: #141412; font-family: ‘Source Sans Pro’, Helvetica, sans-serif;”>I also offer repair work on any make of harp.” Might be worth a call.</span>

arepeee11
    Participant

Hi my name is Michael. I can most likely repair your harp. I am the harp maker from October Mountain Folk Harps and live in West Stockbridge, MA. I would be happy to take a look and let you know if I can fix it and how much it would cost. You may contact me here or go to the website and either call or email. A picture of the damage would be helpful.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Topics

Recent Replies