harpcolumn

Need shipping container for a lever harp

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Harps and Accessories Need shipping container for a lever harp

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    jan-fetty
    Participant

My new Heartland

mary-meyer
    Participant

I might be interested in your harp. What model is it, and what type of wood? I would pick it up, so shipping would not be a concern. How much are you asking for it?

barbara-brundage
    Participant

Take it to a pack and ship place that does antiques. They’ll know how to pack it up for you.

jan-fetty
    Participant

It is a Blevins “SERAPHYM”

Jan, when I needed a proper shipping container for a Troubadour lever harp, I contacted nearby dealers in those harps. I recall it cost somewhere near $100. including shipping. You could contact a dealer such as Virgina Harp Center in Midlothian, Virginia, to see if they have a shipping container for your harp. Or, call Blevins harps and ask for contact to another harp dealer near you.

mary-meyer
    Participant

Hi Jan,

I was wondering if you’d be willing to share the serial number for the harp. Contacted Blevins, and they seem to think this was a prototype, with only one ever made. The Seraphym is listed on their website as having 36 strings, not 34. Are you the original owner, and do you know how old the harp is?

Thanks for your time, I do appreciate it!

Mary

jan-fetty
    Participant

Mary, I believe it is

jan-fetty
    Participant

Mary, I am the original owner.

jan-fetty
    Participant

May 2003

mary-meyer
    Participant

Hi Jan,

Found your posting on craigslist, sent you an email. Would love to see and hear the harp. I look forward to hearing from you,

Mary

mary-meyer
    Participant

Hi Jan,

Just wanted to thank you again for your hospitality, and most of all, for the beautiful harp. I will treasure it. Your new harp is just wonderful–the sound is so big for something so light! I know you will love it!

Mary

jan-fetty
    Participant

Thanks to everyone for their input, but thanks primarily to Mary for taking away the issue of shipping.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.