harpcolumn

Nanjing Eagle Harps

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Harps and Accessories Nanjing Eagle Harps

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    mercedes-bralo
    Participant

Hello, today I discovered this harps made ​​in China. I ‘m very curious to know more of them. Has anyone had a chance to try them?
    I’m from Argentina and here I’ve only tested the Lyon & Healy and Salvi.

thank you very much
    Mercedes

ashley-g
    Participant

I haven’t got the chance to try them, but I found their website: http://www.eagleharp.com/ch/Index.html the English version seems doesn’t work yet. Reading from another forum where someone talking about the harp bought from them, said the sound of the harp is quite nice, and it used the gut strings imported from the UK. I try to attach photo they posted

ashley-g
    Participant

another photo

terry-waltz

From their “About Us” page:
    南京鹰派竖琴有限公司一直致力于高质量竖琴及相关产品的研制和生产。经过十多年的发展,研制所聚集了资深演奏家、高校教师、经验丰富的一线技术人员等行业内精英,构成了自己的研发团队。在综合修订了欧美传统制琴工艺的基础上,形成了自己独特的制琴工艺。所生产的鹰派竖琴品味高雅,音色优美、明亮,音质稳定,深受专业演出团体和专家的好评。鹰派竖琴作为国内竖琴的名派已经迈出国门,走向国际市场,产品远销欧美数十个国家。

Nanjing Yingpai Harps Ltd. has been working hard to develop and produce high-quality harps and related products. Over the course of the past dozen-odd years, we have gathered talent including experienced performers, teachers from higher education, and front-line technicians with ample experience, to form our development team. On the foundation of perfecting traditional European and American harpmaking techniques, we have forged our own unique harpmaking method. Our harps are refined, their tone is lovely and clear, their sound is stable, and they are acclaimed by professional troupes and experts. Yingpai Harps serves as an export portal for domestically produced harps, moving into the international market, and its products are in use in over a dozen countries in Europe and the Americas.

terry-waltz

Product #17(Professional Harp LDP-1, 47 strings)

47弦,从第一个八度G到第七个八度C (47 strings, from G1 to C7)
    琴高:190㎝ (Height: 190cm)
    宽度:102cm (Width: 102cm)
    音箱宽度:55㎝ (Soundbox width: 55 cm)
    重量:40㎏ (Weight: 40kg)
    琴柱:桦木、枫木,全实木雕刻 (Pillar: birch, maple, all carved real wood)
    音箱面板:云杉 (Soundbox face board: Spruce)
    表面处理:轿车烤漆,白色和金色 (Surface treatment: Automobile paint, white and gold)

http://www.eagleharp.com/ch/Product-17.htm

Price (in China, at least): RMB60,000 (exchange rate right now makes that USD $9,626 or so).

联系电话:13815874275传真号码:025-52160587
    Phone: 13815874275 FAX: 025-52160587

The Web site is still largely empty, even in the Chinese version…that probably doesn’t bode well. But it might be worth contacting them directly if you’re still interested. If you fax in English and write very simply, that will often work.

Tacye
    Participant

I don’t know if it is safe to assume there is only one pedal harp maker in China at the moment – possibly not. The Chinese harps I have tried seemed to be reasonable students instrument with OK sound. But not rivals for more expensive harps in terms of quality – for instance the edges of the action plates were not smoothed and would shred my knuckles playing the top octaves.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Topics

Recent Replies