harpcolumn

Micheline Kahn

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Professional Harpists Micheline Kahn

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    sherry-lenox
    Participant

If anyone has a photo of Micheline Kahn, or has even seen a photo of her, could you post the source please?

Thank you!

Misty Harrison
    Participant

I thought there was a two-part article written by her son (JM Damase) about her that had at least one photo with it. I thought it was in the AHJ but can’t find it. Perhaps it was in the Harp Congress Review.

carl-swanson
    Participant

Sherry – what do you want it for? Have you tried contacting Jean-Michele Damase(her son)? I’d bet that David Watkins might have a photo of her. Or Morley.

sherry-lenox
    Participant

Thank you both for such great tips!

Alison
    Participant

I once saw two old Erard harps in a residential house in Falaise in Normandy, France, and was told they had been her’s.

sherry-lenox
    Participant

I am looking for her picture because my teacher studied with her. I try to come up with a meaningful Christmas present for her, and last year, when I gave her a picture of Jamet (courtesy of Carl Swanson and many thanks from me) she said that all she wanted THIS Christmas was a portrait of Micheline Kahn.

I have found the web site devoted to the work of JM Damase, but I haven’t emailed the site yet. Guess I’d better get to work. It does seem that there are very, very few photos of her.

The comment about her harps is most interesting to me.

Alison
    Participant

They were Erards nos 4242 and 3008. Fancy that, I made a note and found it just now, stuck it in a book when I checked today.

Alison
    Participant

Here you are, the LAST photo on the extreme right, (use the scroll bar at the bottom ) that’s a start anyway!
    ( I’m pleased with myself now !!)
    http://www.andre-caplet.fr/iconographie.htm

sherry-lenox
    Participant

Hi Alison- Is she the lady in the picture hat? What a beautiful picture! I had tried some of the French websites but my French isn’t nearly good enough to follow the links.

I certainly do appreciate your detective work. I had just about given up and now maybe I will be able to get the picture somehow.

THANK YOU so much! Sherry L

carl-swanson
    Participant

Alison- That’s an incredible web site. There is so much information there about Andre Caplet. I wish every composer was that well documented. Thanks for telling us about it.

sherry-lenox
    Participant

My son is a graphic artist and he’s going to try to PhotoShop it for me. I’ll keep you posted. Thanks again……SRL

Nancy Edwards
    Participant

Speaking of French websites, does anyone know of a discussion forum on harps, just like our Harp Column we’re using, in the French language??

Alison
    Participant

Get this for a website!

Nancy Edwards
    Participant

Alison,

Thanks for those websites, they look very interesting!

tonie-ogimachi
    Participant

Hi Nancy,

There is a Facebook group called, “Tu sais que tu es harpiste quand…” (You know you’re a harpist when…”

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • The forum ‘Professional Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Recent Replies