harpcolumn

Marie-Pierre Langlamet

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Professional Harpists Marie-Pierre Langlamet

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    carl-swanson
    Participant

I meant to post something about this two weeks ago right after the event. I heard Marie-Pierre Langlamet(principal harpist of the Berlin Phil) play a recital mostly with violin. She did two J.S. Bach sonatas for harp and violin, and then played two Schubert Impromptus, nos. 2 and 3, originally for piano of course, that she transcribed herself. Unbelievable recital! She’s in a class by herself. You all really have to make a huge effort to hear this woman play. She’s just incredible.

Isn’t she fabulous? She just released a CD of violin and harp music with Lara St. John. They performed at the World Harp Congress in Vancouver. She flew all the way from Berlin, gave a master class, then a concert the next day and flew back! I’ll be eternally grateful to her for that.

unknown-user
    Participant

Yes, I heard her play the Schubert Impromptus (you’re right, no. 2 and 3) a few weeks ago, and they were absolutely incredible. It’s amazing what she can do.

~Sam

jessica-wolff
    Participant

I’m glad to hear that! Berlin would have been my hometown if a war hadn’t interfered.

carl-swanson
    Participant

During her years of auditioning for orchestra positions and playing competitions, she would always show up without bringing her own instrument, look around the room where everyone was frantically warming up, see an old klunker in the corner that nobody else would touch, play whatever she had to play on that instrument, and win!

alexander-rider
    Participant

Carl, she played an astonishing programme in London last month (including three of the impromptus), as well music by Mozart, Debussy, Chopin… Whatever reservations one might ever have had about playing piano repertoire on the harp could not seriously have held onto them having heard this programme. I have absolutely no compunction in saying that, as a musician and as a harpist, I believe she has absolutely no limits.

alexander-rider
    Participant

Sorry for the poor quality of writing there!

Bonnie Shaljean
    Participant

I’ve admired her since 1983 when – at age 15 – she won the Maria Korchinska competition in the Isle of Man, beating out a whole assortment of seasoned professionals.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Professional Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Recent Topics

Recent Replies