harpcolumn

Many Moods of Christmas Harp Parts

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Performing Many Moods of Christmas Harp Parts

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    David Ice
    Participant

Since it’s the season, I’ve typeset the Robert Russell Bennet orchestration of THE MANY MOODS OF CHRISTMAS. It’s always been manuscript (at least to the best of my knowledge) and they ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS want the harp to play the lute part in movement 3, so I’ve integrated it into the harp part–no more trying to read two scores simultaneously. Just send me an email and I’ll send it to you. I’ve also helped page turns, pedals, etc.

This part is performance tested and is 100% the original.

Just my bit at community service…..

Dave Ice
    harpdude@cox.net

catherine-rogers
    Participant

Thank goodness someone’s finally done this! I thought about it but didn’t have the time. Thanks, David!

rosalind-beck
    Participant

Used to play this all the darned time, but not in many years. I manually cut and pasted the lute part in to achieve integration that way. More recently our orchestra has played Jeff Tyzik’s “Holiday Moods.” I think there are four suites of them, so they are a definite homage to the Bennett “Many Moods.” The Tyzik parts are computer-generated and fairly easy to read and play.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies