harpcolumn

Lyon and Healy are raising their prices

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Harps and Accessories Lyon and Healy are raising their prices

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    PassionateCross
    Participant

Hi everyone! I recently visited the Lyon and Healy pedal harp page. Under the price section it says “Price increase scheduled for April 1, 2012”. I’m surprised! What made them decide to raise the cost on the harps?

andy-b
    Participant

Unfortunately, the cost of most things goes up, gas, food, clothes, rent, electricity, etc. And

Sam Karlinski
    Participant

I was able to glance at the new price list when I was in Chicago last month. The price increases were not too large (in comparison with the overall cost of a harp). Gold instruments were receiving the most of a price increase, whereas most of the non-gold instruments were almost unaffected (again, in comparison with the overall cost of a harp).

Sam

atlanta-harp-center
    Participant

The last price increase was July of 2008. Due to price increases in their production materials, labor and
    processes, they are forced to increase the prices of their harps.

PassionateCross
    Participant

Thanks Andy! I should’ve thought more economically to why they rose their prices. Oh well =/

PassionateCross
    Participant

Thanks Sam! Even though the price increases aren’t a big change at the moment, I fear the thought of them having more price increases in the future. The Chicago Petite 40 will increases to $10,950 from $10,450. O_O, I have a freaky thought that after several more years, the cost will be $14,000.

PassionateCross
    Participant

Thanks Atlanta Harp Center for the information!

barbara-brundage
    Participant

That’s the way it goes, I’m afraid. L&H has usually raised prices just about every year, with some exceptions.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies