harpcolumn

Looking to buy a lap harp

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Harps and Accessories Looking to buy a lap harp

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    HBrock25
    Participant

Hey all,

I have $2000, and I want to buy a lap harp. I’m 20, and my dream is to spend a summer busking in Ireland, and I need something I can take on the plane with me.

I’m very picky when it comes to tone. There are 2 Lyon & Healy’s at my school that have a tone I’m not fond of. But I love our 23 and my teacher’s 11, and I own a Salvi Ariana.

My question is, Can anyone point me to a lap harp that has a great tone? When I was young, I played a Celtic harp with a plywood soundboard. It fell apart ten years later, but it had an unexplicably amazing sound!!

Thank you so much for your help!

-Simone

deb-l
    Participant

I like the nightengale a lot but there is a waiting list.

sherry-lenox
    Participant

If you’re considering a Lewis Creek Nightingale, it’s worth the wait.

alice-freeman
    Spectator

I know of a Lewis Creek Nightingale in Cheyenne, Wyoming which is in excellent condition and for sale today. (Owner is in her 70s and downsizing the number of harps she owns.) Contact me privately off-list if you are interested.

I think my Triplett Christina has a fabulous sound across its range, but neither of these harps would fit in an overhead bin on a plane.

— Alice in windy Wyoming

Check out Blevins harps.

I just attended the Somerset small harp tasting, and my person favorite was the Timothy Harp’s Niamh.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have to say that the leg stand for the Niamh is one of the most elegant.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies