harpcolumn

looking for pedal harp teacher in Toronto

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Teaching the Harp looking for pedal harp teacher in Toronto

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Linda
    Participant

Hi, I’m looking for a pedal harp teacher in Toronto for myself, I’m an adult student around grade 6 ~ 8 level, any suggestions?

Thanks!

Toronto is full of wonderful harpists, so you should have no problem. There is a very active Toronto chapter of the American Harp Society.
    Here’s the web site of the Toronto chapter: http://www.torontoharp.org/
    Judy Loman teaches at the Glenn Gould School, and many of her students teach. Sharlene Wallace, Andrew Chan and Janice Lindskoog are experienced teachers. Joanna Jordan specializes in jazz and pops pedal harp. Heidi van Hoesen Gorton is the harpist in the Toronto Symphony.

Linda
    Participant

Hi Elizabeth,

Thank you very much for your reply! I am only able to see Andrew Chan’s information online, and he appears to have a very busy schedule.

I am looking more into classical pedal harp study, would you know if Janice Lindskoog and Heidi van Hoesen Gorton give private lessons? I don’t seem to be able to find their contact information.

Thanks a lot!

I would imagine that they do give private lessons. You could call the Toronto Symphony to contact Heidi van Hoesen Gorton. I have an email address for Janice, but I don’t know if it’s current. Email me, and I will send you what I have.

Linda
    Participant

I private messaged you on harp column. Thank you!

I would recommend Sharlene Wallace, she is an outstanding musician.

Linda
    Participant

Thanks! but sharlene doesnt have any space now 🙁

Try Vera Stern, and I think Julia Shaw is in the area, too. Ask Andrew for recommendations. He does have adult pupils.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies