harpcolumn

Looking for Henriette Renie’s Classiques de la harpe, Volume VII

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Repertoire Looking for Henriette Renie’s Classiques de la harpe, Volume VII

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    chad-song
    Participant

I’m looking for Volume 7 of Classiques de la Harpe. This book has transcriptions by the famous french harpist: Henriette Renie. There are 12 Volumes all published by Alphonse Leduc in Paris, France. I can’t seem to find the 7th Volume of this Series. I’m looking for it because I want to play Schumann’s L’oiseau Pophète. If anyone finds other volumes that could be useful to me too. I need Volume 8 and 9 too.
    Thank you very much for your assistance.
    Chad 🙂

barbara-brundage
    Participant

She doesn’t list volume 7, but International Music (lyramusic.com) lists 8 and 9 in their catalog. If you contact them, ask about 7. They may have a leftover copy somewhere.

Try some European harp music dealers., since not all French compositions are imported to the U.S.A. because of expense. Also, look at piano sheet music of ” The Bird as Prophet”, widely available here,. and see if you can adapt it for the harp. My edition of that Schumann work is violin and piano , copyright 1913, transcribed by Leopold Auer, published by J.H. Zimmermann, in Leipzig. The company is now in Frankfurt:
    e-mail: info@zimmermann-frankfurt.de, or FAX: 069-978286-79.

chad-song
    Participant

Dear Barbara and Patricia,
    A quick notes of thanks, to you both for your sound advice!

Barbara, now that I am home for the holidays, I will contact lyramusic.com and order all three volumes.

Patricia, I will also contact Leduc and Zimmerman, to ask them if they can help me in my search. Unfortunately for me, I am horrible at transcribing works for harp. I’ve tried before and failed miserably. If anyone does make a transcription of this beautiful work by Schumann, please contact me. As you all know Schumann’s works are all in public domain.

Warm wishes of holiday cheer.

Chadwell Song

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Topics