harpcolumn

Looking for an arrangement of Stand By Me

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Repertoire Looking for an arrangement of Stand By Me

Tagged: 

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    JackieHarpFan
    Participant

Hello all,
    My daughter has been asked to play Stand By Me for a wedding this fall so I’m looking for an arrangement for harp. Can anyone help?
    Thanks,
    Jackie

tanyanoel
    Participant

What timing, I found this one last week and it is very cool. If you click on the page of music there you can also see a video of the arranger playing this.

https://www.sheetmusicplus.com/title/stand-by-me-harp-solo-digital-sheet-music/20478612?utm_medium=email&d=Email_Purchase%20Review&referral_id=Email_Purchase%20Review&utm_source=bronto&utm_campaign=Purchase%20Review&ac=1&review=on

susan-koskelin
    Participant

I use musescore.com to find simple pop arrangements, especially when I need one in a hurry. Here is one arrangement of Stand by Me.

susan-koskelin
    Participant

Sorry, I was trying to put the link on there, not the music! Go to musescore.com and type in the title.

billooms
    Participant

I really like the Amy Turk video so I decided to purchase the pdf to give it a try. Although it looks simple on the printed page, I suspect it will take time to get used to doing the finger snaps.

JackieHarpFan
    Participant

Thank you all so much!
    Jackie

emma-graham
    Participant

Amy’s music is incredible. She’s an extraordinary harpist and brilliant arranger – but it isn’t easy!
    For pop requests I always use sheetmusicdirect.com I try to find an easy piano arrangement and then make my own harp arrangement from there. I find it easier to add to a simple version rather than try to work out what to cut from a tricky piano version.

Jerusha Amado
    Participant

Another good source for sheet music that can be converted to harp is musicnotes.com.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies