Looking for an arrangement of Stand By Me

Posted In: Repertoire

• Participant
    JackieHarpFan on #224330

Hello all,
    My daughter has been asked to play Stand By Me for a wedding this fall so I’m looking for an arrangement for harp. Can anyone help?
    Thanks,
    Jackie

Participant
    Tanya Hill on #224335

What timing, I found this one last week and it is very cool. If you click on the page of music there you can also see a video of the arranger playing this.

https://www.sheetmusicplus.com/title/stand-by-me-harp-solo-digital-sheet-music/20478612?utm_medium=email&d=Email_Purchase%20Review&referral_id=Email_Purchase%20Review&utm_source=bronto&utm_campaign=Purchase%20Review&ac=1&review=on

Participant
    susan-koskelin on #224339

I use musescore.com to find simple pop arrangements, especially when I need one in a hurry. Here is one arrangement of Stand by Me.

Participant
    susan-koskelin on #224340

Sorry, I was trying to put the link on there, not the music! Go to musescore.com and type in the title.

Participant
    Bill on #224362

I really like the Amy Turk video so I decided to purchase the pdf to give it a try. Although it looks simple on the printed page, I suspect it will take time to get used to doing the finger snaps.

Participant
    JackieHarpFan on #224535

Thank you all so much!
    Jackie

Participant
    emma-graham on #224641

Amy’s music is incredible. She’s an extraordinary harpist and brilliant arranger – but it isn’t easy!
    For pop requests I always use sheetmusicdirect.com I try to find an easy piano arrangement and then make my own harp arrangement from there. I find it easier to add to a simple version rather than try to work out what to cut from a tricky piano version.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.