harpcolumn

Looking for a small floor harp or a lap harp and a harp teacher

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Teaching the Harp Looking for a small floor harp or a lap harp and a harp teacher

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    vivian-lee–2
    Participant

Hi,

I’ve always wanted to learn to play harp, but it is really hard to find a harp teacher and but a harp in Vancouver, BC (lower mainland area)…do anyone know which music store would have information on harps and harp lessons?

I am a beginner and know nothing about getting a harp, so it would be great if someone can help me out with getting a harp. I just want to get a small harp, like a lap hard or a small floor harp.

Could anyone give me some advice or contacts?

It will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Regards,

Vivian

e-nb
    Participant
    Tacye
    Participant

I suggest finding a teacher first as they can help, and will have ideas about the right harps to learn on. Dusty Strings are in Seattle and may be useful.

Vivian,
    A very capable harpist performer and teacher, who got her training and several degrees from Alice Giles in Canberra, Australia, is now teaching in Gibsons, a short distance north of Vancouver, B.C. Tegan Peemoeller, in her late twenties, is found at:

info@theharproom.com, or
    http://www.theharproom.com/The_Harp_Room/Home.html
    Website
    She will also teach by Skype if the student cannot travel to her..

robert-hanson
    Participant

Long and Macguade Music in Vancouver carry harps and I believe have or know of harp teachers in the area.

Vivian, to amend my information about harpist Tegan Peemoeller, she has moved to a location near Stanley Park in Vancouver.She will be out of the country, on a harp tour in Australia, leaving July 30 for almost a month, but the same contact information in my previous post is valid.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.