column

Looking for a small floor harp or a lap harp and a harp teacher

Home Forums Teaching the Harp Looking for a small floor harp or a lap harp and a harp teacher

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    vivian-lee–2
    Participant

Hi,

I’ve always wanted to learn to play harp, but it is really hard to find a harp teacher and but a harp in Vancouver, BC (lower mainland area)…do anyone know which music store would have information on harps and harp lessons?

I am a beginner and know nothing about getting a harp, so it would be great if someone can help me out with getting a harp. I just want to get a small harp, like a lap hard or a small floor harp.

Could anyone give me some advice or contacts?

It will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Regards,

Vivian

e-nb
    Participant
    Tacye
    Participant

I suggest finding a teacher first as they can help, and will have ideas about the right harps to learn on. Dusty Strings are in Seattle and may be useful.

Vivian,
    A very capable harpist performer and teacher, who got her training and several degrees from Alice Giles in Canberra, Australia, is now teaching in Gibsons, a short distance north of Vancouver, B.C. Tegan Peemoeller, in her late twenties, is found at:

info@theharproom.com, or
    http://www.theharproom.com/The_Harp_Room/Home.html
    Website
    She will also teach by Skype if the student cannot travel to her..

robert-hanson
    Participant

Long and Macguade Music in Vancouver carry harps and I believe have or know of harp teachers in the area.

Vivian, to amend my information about harpist Tegan Peemoeller, she has moved to a location near Stanley Park in Vancouver.She will be out of the country, on a harp tour in Australia, leaving July 30 for almost a month, but the same contact information in my previous post is valid.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.