Looking for a cheap beginner floor harp in Montreal

Posted In: Amateur Harpists

• Keymaster
    HBrock25 on #157157

Hi there,

I want to start playing the harp as soon as possible and wanted to know if anyone knows anyone in or around Montreal who wants to sell a harp?

Also: Which harps are good for a beginner?

I am so passionate about playing the harp and so desperate to find one, I really don’t want to wait any longer.

If someone would want to share or rent out a harp, I would be fully open to that too.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you so much!

Luisa

Participant
    poppy-rose on #157158

Hi Luisa,
    I started playing harp 3 years ago, and I live in the Montreal area. I rented a harp from Mrs. Sim at the Classical harp academay in Ottawa until I bought one.(from her as well) She is really helpful in getting you started with a harp. Please call her or email her. Tell Her Edella Says Hi! There is no place in Montreal that I know of where you get a harp to rent. But again, Call Mrs. Sim. She will give you the best deal she can. All the info will be on her website.

Good luck! you will not regret it!

Luisa Muhr on #157159

Hello Edalla,

Thank you for your quick response.
    I don’t seem to be able to find Mrs. Sim on the internet. Could you send me the link to her website? That would help me a lot. Thank you so much, this sounds very promising.

Luisa

Luisa Muhr on #157160

Sorry – mistyped: Edella.

patricia-jaeger on #157161

Luisa, Try this site and you will find the name of Mei-Lan Sim as one of the members of the Lyra Angelica Harp Ensemble in Ottawa.

Classical Harp Academy

Participant
    poppy-rose on #157162

the website is http://www.classicalharpacademy.com

Participant
    Kathleen Elarte on #157163

Hello Luisa

We are Vixen Harps based in Ottawa and we sell and rent harps as well in the Montreal area.

I will be travelling to Montreal May 30th, 2011 and can have a rental harp to you then.

Call me at 613-241-1789

We also have many new and used harps for sale as well.

Kathy Elarte

http://www.vixenharps.com

Participant
    Harper Cait on #157164

Haha. Hi Kathy- I was about to give her your name.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Amateur Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.