harpcolumn

Limerick lap harp vs. Fullsicle

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Harps and Accessories Limerick lap harp vs. Fullsicle

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    deb-l
    Participant

actually it’s true that I am a terrible harp player, and I have no worthy technique because I am self taught.

Maria Myers
    Participant

Not everyone is going to have rave things to say about your harps Mr
    Reese.

harpglo-jean
    Participant

Amen Deb, you said it best! Beauty, as sounds, are in the eyes, and ears of the beholder…I heard what “I” heard……

unknown-user
    Participant

Deb, Maria, Gloria:

In your last postings you decided to make things up about what I think and then believe them (that everyone has to agree with me, everyone should rave about my harps, apparently my opinion is arguing, that I believe I’m the one truth regarding harp sound). Those have never been my thoughts. Gloria, you don’t have to like the Harpsicle Harp or it’s sound or the YouTubes that I suggested seeing. But did you even look at them before deciding to continue bashing? Apparently my postings were not read in the manner that I had hoped or the three of you were totally unable to understand what you read since it did not fit your narrow view.

Our small group of people are very proud of the Harpsicle Harp program. We individually hand make (no computer C&C machines) each Harpsicle Harp, over 8,000 so far, for programs around the world bringing new found joy of the harp to children and adults. Our little tiny company has so far beat the Pakistani and Chinese at their own game and we are doing our part to off set the US trade deficit. What have the three of you done other than to hide behind the power of anonymity with your venomous keyboards. Since your so holy, why don’t you post yourself playing on YouTube and let other harpists and harp makers with your attitude have go at it.

I was having dinner with Ray (Dusty Strings) several years ago and he mentioned through his own experience that he learned not to deal with harp chats or forums just for this reason. Thanks for the reminder and the lesson you taught me. I’m done with you! May your harp strings break.

michael-rockowitz
    Participant

I think this thread started out innocently enough, with Renate asking a perfectly reasonable question.

jessica-wolff
    Participant

Well put, Michael.

Jerusha Amado
    Participant

<<What have the three of you done other than to hide behind the power of
    anonymity with your venomous keyboards. Since your so holy, why don’t
    you post yourself playing on YouTube and let other harpists and harp
    makers with your attitude have go at it.

I was having dinner with Ray (Dusty Strings) several years ago and
    he mentioned through his own experience that he learned not to deal with
    harp chats or forums just for this reason. Thanks for the reminder and
    the lesson you taught me. I’m done with you! May your harp strings
    break.>>

The nastiness of these comments from a grown man and a professional harp maker is disturbing and repels my interest in your products.

renate-kvalsvik
    Participant

Wow, this discussion has certainly deviated from its original purpose…

As it happens, I won’t be getting either harp at the moment… Because I’ll be getting a Webster harp instead! My husband announced to me that he’s willing to give up our holiday trip this year so that I can get a new harp. I’m almost 100 % certain I want a Laurel Leaf, because to me they’re the most beautiful harps in the world. I just wanted to share the good news 🙂

kay-lister

Renate,

CONGRATS TO YOU!!!

renate-kvalsvik
    Participant

Thanks, Kay! I’ll be sure to post some picures when I finally get it, but that may take a while, since it’s going to have to be made for me first. I hope it’s not going to be too long.

deb-l
    Participant

great choice Renate, happy you are able to make it happen.

william-weber
    Participant

<>

After I went through that decision process myself, my final choice was to get the best so I’d never need to replace it. So I made a call to Dwight Blevins and talked about a Melody 26. That was April, and it is expected to be ready in July.

Back in January I tried a Ravenna 26 and a FH26, as well as a Triplett therapy harp. Blevins had no Melody 26 built, so I’m making a leap of faith that when complete mine will have a low end like my Caitlin cross-strung and overall tone like my James Cox gothic.

renate-kvalsvik
    Participant

Thanks, Deb! Yeah, I’ve seen the Laurels on the Harp Studio Website, but I really want mahogany finish 🙂 I’m sure it’ll look stunning with the gold leaves. So I’m prepared to wait for that (plus it’ll give me a bit of extra time to save up). I also think I’ll want truitt levers, because I’ve heard a lot of good things about them. And they match the gold leaves, too.

deb-l
    Participant

I love truitt levers, its true they are like jewelry on your harp, and they don’t deaden the string at all.

cher
    Participant

I have been window shopping on line at the many makes and models of harps for my first harp purchase and the Webster was unknown to me until I read this forum. I checked out the Webster website and was delighted to find some of the most beautiful harps I have ever seen! I wonder if they sound as beautiful as they look? Thanks for sharing. I hope you are enjoying your new harp as I’m sure you probably have it by now.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies