harpcolumn

L&H Chicago Concertino Extended

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Harps and Accessories L&H Chicago Concertino Extended

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Has anyone tried this new harp or owns one?

It’s almost 2 years ago Luanne has asked this question. I have a Chicago Petit for 2 years now. I love the sound, size, weight of it, but I don’t like the narrow pedal spacing. That’s why I am considering to buy a Chicago

Time flies.

This thread is pretty old but I’m wondering if anyone has any input on this harp? I could only find one short soundclip on youtube :/ I wish I had looked into this more before I went down to L & H a couple weeks ago but I was too excited to play harps I couldn’t afford lol. Anyone?

I have had a Chicago Petit for 2,5 years. It was a wonderful harp; big and warm sound and not so big. There was only one aspect I did not like: the smaller space between the pedals. When I played with pedals it was always a problem taking lessons on harps with a wider spacing than my harp at home. That is the main reason I bought I Concertino in december 2012.

There is not so much difference between the sound of the Petit and the Concertino. The Petit has great sound for its size. But playing on a harp with “normal” pedal spacing makes it worthwile to buy the Concertino. Then you have 47 string in stead of 40 too. I hope to play La Source (Hasselmans) in the future and now I can do that without limitations. Here in Europe there is no bounty program because of the tax. So I had to pay several thousands of Euros extra to get te Concertino. I have not regret it for a moment.

Good luck with your choice!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies