harpcolumn

LH 150th Anniversary festival

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Conferences, Camps, and Competitions LH 150th Anniversary festival

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    ellen-beckerman
    Participant

Is anyone going to the 150th bash for L&H in Chicago June 4-7? Like others I am sure, I would so love to be there, and was hoping to hear about it! Eager ears!

Kimberly Rowe
    Keymaster

Harp Column will be there Ellen! We’ll try to keep you posted with some updates. We are running our “Ten Things” profiles with the featured artists throughout the week!

ellen-beckerman
    Participant

hooray! And thanks for the 10 things. I’ve been enjoying that!

Kimberly Rowe
    Keymaster

Great! Stay tuned for more of them!

I just got home from there, and it was WONDERFUL.

Kimberly Rowe
    Keymaster

Yes, it was a great conference Briggsie! Sorry we didn’t meet you in person…

I was there with Kerstin Allvin. We were heading up to a concert going to get on the elevator when you got off and you and Kerstin began talking. I could tell you had a lot to talk about,, and I wanted to get up to the concert. The elevator was leaving so I jumped on……so I didn’t get to say hi. But oh my……that conference was just amazing. There was so much talent and such great music. The concert last night was breathtaking…..and the cake….wahoo!!!! (It was a cake about 3 feet high of a Lyon and Healy 23 gold harp surrounded by scores of famous harp works made of fondant……for those who weren’t there.)

This morning we had breakfast with Naoko Yoshino, and what a charming lady she is. She was here in the Detroit area last year when Kerstin had her come and do masterclasses with us and at the University of Michigan and play a wonderful concert with the Detroit Chamber Music Society. So, it was good to be able to talk with her again. She is an AMAZING harpist and a very gracious, sweet lady.

Look at this cake that was at the reception on Saturday night. null

And another view:

null

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies