harpcolumn

Levers need replacing

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Harps and Accessories Levers need replacing

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    janet-baczuk
    Participant

Hello, My daughter owns a Webster lever harp and we want to replace the levers, preferably with cam levers. Does anyone have experience with this procedure? Any advice will be greatly appreciated!

kathy-chanik
    Participant

Do you mean Camac levers? Howard Bryan once replaced the Loveland levers on my Dusty Strings harp with Camac levers and he said it was so difficult that he’d never do it again, so I’d find somebody very expert at harp repairs to do it for you. If you can tell us what part of the country you live in, maybe we can suggest someone.

janet-baczuk
    Participant

Thank you, Kathy. We live in Massachusetts, on the East coast.

Yes, I did mean Camac levers. Perhaps we can find an expert in the area. Janet

Charles
    Participant

Janet,

Have you considered having Mr. Webster replace the current levers with Camac levers?

william-weber
    Participant

Have you already asked at the Salem-based Harp Connection? They advertise lever installation as a service.

janet-baczuk
    Participant

Thanks, Charles, yes it was a consideration, and we bought the harp directly from him, but I think we will try Harp connection first, as they are much closer.

Janet

janet-baczuk
    Participant

Hi William, Thanks for the suggestion, and I think we will contact them. We live fairly close to Salem.

We appreciate all the helpful responses!

deb-l
    Participant

can you let us know how it turns out Janet?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies