harpcolumn

Lever Help!

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Harps and Accessories Lever Help!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Elizabeth Kelly
    Participant

Hi everyone,

I’m hoping somebody might have a tip to help me with my lever harp. I have a Salvi Livia with performance levers on it. This morning as I was playing, I noticed that the lowest F string was buzzing when I had the lever up. As I examined it more closely, I noticed that the source of the buzzing was due to the fact that the F lever rather loose and not staying up, slowly falling down every time the F string was played.

I decided to pull the lever tool kit that I have and try to fix the problem…bad idea! I have had to tighten many lever to the wood of the harp before (they seem to get a bit crooked after a while), but this F lever is perfectly in line with the other levers along the wood. I decided to, instead, tighten the actual nut on the side of the lever with the wrench included in the kit…another bad idea! Instead of just having some slight buzzing when I play, the lever will not stay up at all and is currently completely unusable. I can’t seem to tighten the nut any more on the side of the lever and am afraid to force it in fear of breaking the lever completely off the harp.

Any tips would be much appreciated! Even if it’s a temporary solution, that would be great…I am playing at a friend’s wedding tomorrow and would love to have at least a semi-workable lever for that.

Thanks so much!

Elizabeth

shelby-m
    Participant

Perhaps there is something wrong with the nut/screw itself?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies