harpcolumn

Lever concert harp with high tension

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Harps and Accessories Lever concert harp with high tension

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    RGBrown
    Participant

The Thormahlen Swan with pedal harp strings (by order) sounds gorgeous.

One of my friend also told me about The Swan with pedal harp strings.

sherry-lenox
    Participant

I think it’s fairly safe to say that ALL Thormahlen harps are pretty darn gorgeous.

I have a nylon strung Serenade that’s just a wonderful harp.

If you possibly can manage, get to a conference where you can play several and compare them.

karen
    Participant

Give a look at Pratt Chamber Harps, and Pratt Empress Harps. Amazing craftsmanship, booming sound (extended soundboard on a lever harp!), concert spacing, concert (high) tension, and gut strings. Great sound….as close to a pedal harp as you can get without pedals.
    http://www.prattharps.com/

ginny0810
    Participant

Hi Joann, Today I read your post from 2013 regarding Steve Green of Steen Harps. I found out about a year or so ago that he had passed. I was truly saddened to hear this terrible news. You mentioned that you had several of his harps. In 2004, I purchased a Pacer 31 from him and still have it. It has a lovely tone. I have no plans to sell it. I would like to know more about your harps and would like to ask you some questions about your harps. Would it be possible for us to talk by phone? I just registered with Harp Column today, (June 27, 2018). Hope to hear from you soon.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 9 months ago by ginny0810.
    gela349@gmail.com
    Participant

Hey Virginia –
    JoAnn passed away in December 2015. Two of JoAnn’s harp friends have purchased her largest Steen Harp (I think 38 strings) and the smallest harp. Currently, I have her 34 string Steen Accord at my house and I am considering buying it. JoAnn played the Accord (her therapeutic harp) at a local Atlanta hospital for many years. She was a graduate of the Music for Healing and Transition Program. I’m not sure if I can help you with your Steen Harp questions, but you can contact me at gela349@gmail.com. Please put in the subject area “Steen Harp” so I know not to spam/delete you!

Candy

ginny0810
    Participant

Hi Candy,
    Thanks for getting back with me today. Sorry to hear of JoAnn’s passing. It sounds as though she must have been very dedicated to her craft and others. No doubt she will be missed by many. One of the questions I had planned to ask her was where I could buy new strings for my Pacer 31, as I failed to purchase them from Steve Green when I first bought the harp from him. I had a few other questions to discuss with her. Perhaps I can email you tomorrow or this coming week. Have a good rest of the weekend.

Virginia

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.