harpcolumn

Lesson Cancelation Policy Solved!

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Teaching the Harp Lesson Cancelation Policy Solved!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    janelle-lake
    Participant

Hi harp teachers!

alishia-joubert
    Participant

Hi Janelle!

That looks great!

Karen Johns
    Participant

I’m glad you took swine flu into consideration, Janelle. I came down with H1N1 last week, and let me tell you, it really does wipe you out.

I like your policy- it is firm but fair. Good for you, and thanks for sharing! :-)

Karen

Minnesota Harpist
    Participant

I do not teach harp but I do teach piano so thought I might get some ideas here.

janelle-lake
    Participant

Good call on the home schooling “district” and broken appendage policies.

I think for a broken appendage, since not everyone will break appendages that will take them out for the whole quarter, I am going to ask that the student still comes to lessons.

Amanda Welsh
    Participant

I teach piano, and I always ask that the student comes if they broke something. It’s a great time to focus on the sometimes neglected areas of study, like ear training, and theory. I had one girl last year with a broken finger on her right hand and it worked out great because we could really work on the weaker left hand while she had no choice in the matter.

I also like this studio policy, I think I might borrow a few things from it next year!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies