harpcolumn

La Source , Hasselmans……

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Professional Harpists La Source , Hasselmans……

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    mr-s

Hello, i watched today on youtube a tow videos one by a harpist dont remember her name she was playing it in a church and was choir listening to her, and another video by Isabelle Moretti, i saw tow different playing of the Sdrucciolando in page number 7 at the end of this page, Isabelle Moretti played it as a Glissando, but the other harpist played it as 1234 r.h, 1234,l.h, as i noticed or did something like that, i am now practicing it, and play it as Moretti a slow glissando in tempo, and i have some other questions about this piece, in page no 2 the second bar when we play B,G,D,B , up B and before it D,B,G,F, D up, i do play the high B in the 2 finger of left hand as the spaces

If you are talking about the jump up to the B, I think your solution should work just fine. I think most harpists jump, since it is too far to reach for most of us. I tried various solutions but I went back to jumping.

mr-s

Hi Elizabeth, do you play the high B by the 2nd finger L.H ? i do it like that. but i saw a harpist on you tube play it the R.H……….

No, I jump to the B with the right hand thumb, just as it looks in the music.

anita-briggs–2
    Participant

An easy and fool-proof solution is simply to take the third-beat f (last note before the notorious b flat) with the second finger of the left hand.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Professional Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.