Krutzen/McGhee duo

Posted In: Coffee Break

• Participant
    Jerusha Amado on #111700

I recently purchased the CD “Taheke” by this flute and harp duo and was very impressed with the skill of these two players.

Participant
    louise-vickerman on #111701

Here are their bios from the website. Heidi is a graduate of Eastman (she left right before I was there) & plays with Vancouver Opera, Lorna is from Ayrshire in Scotland and I knew her back in the ’80’s when we both attended the RSAMD Junior Dept. together and from youth orchestras (we both played in the Strathclyde Schools Symphony and National Youth Orch of Scotland for many years). She played in the BBC Symphony before moving to British Columbia and is a phenomenal flutist. Back when we were in high school I remember her as an amazing player and even then it was always a wonderful experience to have the opportunity to make music with her.

http://www.krutzenmcgheeduo.com/bios.html

Participant
    Elizabeth Volpé Bligh on #111702

I can vouch for the wonderful playing of both Heidi and Lorna. Heidi plays second harp with me in the Vancouver Symphony, and she is not only a superb, strong player but an unbelievably good sight-reader as well. She does a lot of performing and recording with her duo, and they commission quite a lot of new works as well. They have just recorded a trio CD which includes Lorna’s husband David Harding, a wonderful violist.

Participant
    louise-vickerman on #111703

My second harpist here in Utah was playing at the Oregon Bach Festival last summer and got to hear Heidi & Lorna in concert, she said it was a wonderful performance and they were both amazing players. Incidentally, the composer of the title piece on their CD “Taheke”, Gareth Farr was a student at Eastman with me and he is also an accomplished percussionist as well as composer.

Participant
    Jerusha Amado on #111704

Thank you, Louise and Elizabeth, for responding!

Elizabeth, I would like to hear more about this trio CD (song list, where to purchase if in the states, etc.)

Participant
    Elizabeth Volpé Bligh on #111705

The trio is called Trio Verlaine. I think the easiest thing to do is to go to their web site and order the CD that way, or contact them for more information as to where it might be available.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.