harpcolumn

Kortier Virtual Pedal MIDI harp

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Harps and Accessories Kortier Virtual Pedal MIDI harp

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    eva-murphy
    Participant

I would love to hear from anyone who has tried out David Kortier’s Virtual Pedal MIDI harp. The strings don’t have to be tuned to any particular note, and the pedals (which in the photo on his website, resemble sticks) have tension that is adjustable via elastic bands. I would imagine the “feel” is quite different from any pedal harp, and I have never tried one, but I am intrigued! How much of a stretch is it for a pedal harpist to try to play this harp?

barbara-brundage
    Participant

It’s been a long time (about 5 years) since I had the chance to play one, so things may have changed, but it was a blast to play with it, Eva. You could set it up so that some strings were percussion and some strings were bowed strings and some were winds and so on–so much fun!

The pedals did make me nervous at first, but once you get used to the difference in the motion needed it was fine.

If you ever get a chance to try one, do it! It’s wild.

barbara-brundage
    Participant

Should have mentioned that the smallness of the pedal box and the tight spacing was as disconcerting at first as the actual pedals themselves.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies