harpcolumn

Kind, memorable comments about the harp?

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Professional Harpists Kind, memorable comments about the harp?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Any memorable comments you’ve heard people make about the harp? I played for an event recently and was explaining the harp to some young families. I said the short strings

Make that “had to REPLY.”

I might have responded, “No, but sometimes they blow up.”

kay-lister

While playing for a gentleman at hospice, his comment to me was “ah, that’s just beautiful.

Fairy Reel
    Participant

I was discussing the harp with a nice, but non-musical lady the other day, and after a while she asked me, “Do you play well?” I was a little taken aback–but I just said, “Um, yes”, and moved on. Maybe that was a bit vain–I’m not the best but I’m certainly not bad–anyway I thought the whole thing a bit odd and rather funny.

~Fairy

rosalind-beck
    Participant

Anita, a bride for whose wedding I played made this comment:

emily-jaeger
    Participant

One time I was playing in a coffee house and an old gentleman stayed and listened to me for two hours.

andee-craig
    Participant

There have been so many wonderful compliments over the years! I mentioned to a woman I knew who had heard me a play a couple times, that I was considering taking a harp music for healing course and she said, “You’re already doing that!”.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Professional Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Recent Replies