harpcolumn

John Rutter "Meditation"

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Repertoire John Rutter "Meditation"

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Gretchen Cover
    Participant

Is the harp and orchestra version available of A Gaelic Blessing and/or The Lord Bless You and Keep You as played by Catrin Finch on her Blessing CD? I have searched and only found Gaelic Blessing for keyboard accompaniment and voice. These songs are from his Meditation Suite, I believe.

MusikFind1
    Participant

As the work is under copyright contact the publisher Hinshaw for all versions. It may be on rental or an unpublished manuscript.

John Rutter “Meditation”
    A Gaelic Blessing
    For chorus (SATB)–and organ.
    A Gaelic Blessing – Instr.(Formerly Rscm501a)
    Price.: $ 60.00
    Item No.: HMC2415A
    Accompaniment: Organ
    Arranger: Rutter, John
    Author: Gaelic Rune
    Composer: Rutter, John
    Voicing: SATB
    Duration: :01:48
    No. Pages: 8
    Difficulty Level: Medium Adult
    INSTRUMENTATION: HARP, STRINGS, FULL SCORE.

Gretchen Cover
    Participant

Thank you, Clinton. I will contact Hinshaw about other versions. If anyone else is interested, A Gaelic Blessing can be purchased without the orchestra part (which adds substantially to the price).

Gretchen,

“May the Good Lord Bless and Keep You” is copyrighted my MCA Music, a division of MCA Inc., New York, in 1950. Words and music are by Meredith Willson, written in one day. My copy is in “Family Songbook of Faith and Joy”, copyrighted in 1975 by the Readers Digest Associaton in Pleasantville, New York. It has 129 all-time inspirational favorites,and they are all in solo piano format with the lyrics inserted between the two staves. This version is very easily played by a solo pedal harp. I hope you can find a copy of this very useful hardbound book that is spiral-bound inside, with pages exactly 9 by 12 inches.

Gretchen Cover
    Participant

Patricia, thank you for your suggestion. There is a version of “May the Good Lord Bless and Keep You” on music notes. However, this is not the piece I am looking for the. The names are similar enough to get confused. I am looking for the harp/orchestra arrangement of John Rutter’s “The Lord Bless and Keep You.” I double-checked the lyrics just to be sure Mr. Rutter did not make an arrangement of Mr. Wilson’s song.

MusikFind1
    Participant

The Lord Bless You And Keep You – Rutter, John / Item No.: HMC1169
    SA and piano

The Lord Bless You And Keep You – Rutter, John / Item No.: HMC2148
    SAB and organ

The Lord Bless You And Keep You(Formerly Hmc570) – Rutter, John / Item No.: HMC2419 SATB and organ

The Lord Bless You And Keep You-Instr.(Formerly Hmc570a) – Rutter, John / Item No.: HMC2419A
    VIOLIN 1-2, VIOLA, CELLO, BASS AND FULL SCORE.

http://tinyurl.com/nn9w9mo

http://www.hinshawmusic.com/

Gretchen Cover
    Participant

Thank you, again, Clinton. I need to call Hinshaw to see if the full orchestra version (the only one without a sample page, grr) has a harp part. I missed the arrangement with SA/piano. That would be nice with flute, oboe and harp. I think I found the version I was looking for of A Gaelic Blessing – will find out when the music arrives.

billooms
    Participant

It’s been 5 years since this original post. Has anyone found a harp & orchestra score for “A Gaelic Blessing” and/or “The Lord Bless You and Keep You” as played on the John Rutter/Catrin Finch CD?

I did find the Suite Lyrique but it’s a bit more advanced than I want to try at this point:
    https://global.oup.com/academic/category/arts-and-humanities/sheet-music/composers/rutterj/plucked-and-strummed-strings/?lang=en&cc=gb

Gretchen Cover
    Participant

No, I have not found the music as played on Catrin Finch’s CD. I would still like to find it.

billooms
    Participant

I wrote to John Rutter and he was kind enough to reply:

Dear Mr Ooms,

I wrote these arrangements specially for the recording and I’m afraid they aren’t published.

Best wishes,
    John Rutter

Gretchen Cover
    Participant

That’s great you were able to reach John Rutter. I did the same 5 years ago and was just directed to contact his publisher Hinshaw Music. I also sent an email to Catrin Finch but never received a response. Too bad this music will remain unplayed. But, at least we now have an answer.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies