harpcolumn

Joanna Newsom

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Coffee Break Joanna Newsom

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Antonia Miranda
    Participant

Hello all!

Joanna Newsom is so inspirational! She is one of the reasons I wanted to play harp. I just wanted to say I have a Joanna Newsom obsession! I love her new Have One On Me album. I have been learning the song 81′ by ear. I was able to find sheet music online for her Milk Eyed Mender album, but have not been able to find sheet music for her album. Any one else have a Joanna Newsom obsession? Anyone know where I can find sheet music to her new album Have One On Me?

Antonia Miranda

tony-morosco
    Participant

Well, I will say that when I first heard her I could immediately appreciate what she did, but it didn’t really suite my tastes.

However, over time I have grown very fond of her music. Not obsessed by any means, but she definitely has a style and approach that can grow on you even if it doesn’t bowl you over right off the bat.

But I will say, it doesn’t matter who it is, every musician should have some one they look up to and who inspires them. Someone who they can be at least a little obsessive about (in a non stalkerish kind of way of course).

Are you familiar with the Joanna Newson Transcription Project website? http://jntp.110mb.com/

This is where I find music.

Natalya Zarraga
    Participant

I love Joanna Newsom! I first saw her video for “Sprout and The Bean” sometime ago and I was mesmerized. She is so quirky, unique, and talented. I will admit her voice was an acquired taste at first, but I love it. She is amazing.

Antonia Miranda
    Participant

Thank You!!! It helped me out a lot. I learned Peach Plumb Pear and 81′! 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.