harpcolumn

Jay Witcher harp

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Harps and Accessories Jay Witcher harp

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    peggy-nunley
    Participant

I would like to know if anyone has any information about Jay Witcher harps. I have recently aquired an older one and

mark-andersen
    Participant

Hi Peggy,

I’ll send you a string chart for that harp. The strings are available from Robinson Harp Shop at this address. http://www.robinsonharp.com/ Just let them know that it’s a Jay Witcher N5 Welsh Single strung and they have the charts there. If you need anything else please don’t hesitate to call or write.

All the best,

Mark

tony-morosco
    Participant

Jay’s harps are very nice. I had the opportunity a few months ago to check out Patrick Ball’s wire strung Witcher harp and it is just amazing. The sound it produces is unlike any other wire strung harp I have ever heard.

If you need a string chart you should just contact Jay:

Jay Witcher���Harpmaker

Back Ridge Road
    Houlton, Maine 04730

207-532-9051

peggy-nunley
    Participant

Hi Mark! Thanks for sending that, I don’t know why it didn’t occur to me to just call you up and ask if you had a string chart. Not too bright this AM. By the way, thanks for selling her to me. I’ve tuned her everyday and she’s settling in nicely, I don’t think she liked the change of climate initially.

Thanks again,

Peggy

Leigh Griffith
    Participant

If you call him, don’t be in a hurry to get off the phone. He does like to chat with people who like his harps.

Leigh

Houlton, Maine

katerina
    Participant

Sure 8)

And he is a quite nice one.

When I first called him to ask about wire and historical harps for an article we spend near

HBrock25
    Participant

Not much information other than I have owned a 1977

Chris Caswell
    Participant

Hi Peggy,

I worked with Jay for a number of years. I do strings for all the old models. I’m in Berkeley, CA in case you’re nearby and need the harp looked at. Also, I’m happy to give advise or liaison with a repair person if needed.

All the best,

Chris Caswell

jessica-wolff
    Participant

A picture, a picture.

HBrock25
    Participant

I acquired a

Dessye Dee Clark
    Participant

Hello Chris.

HBrock25
    Participant

Hi Peggy,

Jay Witcher is alive and well in Maine.

HBrock25
    Participant

I knew him and worked with him for a short time in Forestville, California. That was 1972’ish. Is he still working???

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies