harpcolumn

J. Molnar’s book of exercises

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Teaching the Harp J. Molnar’s book of exercises

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    unknown-user
    Participant

Hello to all –

My teacher has been giving me a series of evil but effective little exercies to improve my technique.

unknown-user
    Participant

Hi Rebecca,

I have an old copy of this work: “Practical Method for Grand Harp and Irish Harp” by Josef Molnar, Volume 1. So, assume there is a volume 2 as well.

I haven’t seen this

unknown-user
    Participant

Well, I looked at the usual spots for music with no luck.

unknown-user
    Participant

I will check out this site.

Yes, volumes 1 and 2 of Molnar’s exercise books, that I also use, are very good, and used to be carried by Lyon and Healy. Sometimes, imported music is too expensive to carry so they remove it from their lists.When Molnar left Austria to begin his career in Japan, he was already a fine professional harpist. He distilled the European technique for his students, into the most useful excercises for brilliant technique, and the result of his years of teaching is that Japan has produced many prizewinning harp virtuosos. Perhaps Holywell Music in England has these volumes, which must not be photocopied, of course, since Molnar is still alive.

unknown-user
    Participant

Thank you – I will try Holywell.

unknown-user
    Participant

Let us know what you find. Now I am really curious.

Heide

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies