harpcolumn

It “depends” on your contract

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Coffee Break It “depends” on your contract

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    diane-michaels
    Spectator

So, when taking a long gig, here’s one more question you may want to ask:

Brandee Younger
    Participant

Diane–are you joking?!?!

diane-michaels
    Spectator

I got this from a reliable source – someone who works in the news division of a major network.

Brandee Younger
    Participant

Absolutely Ridiculous!

louise-vickerman
    Participant

Perhaps that’s how things go in China but I find it hard to believe too!

Mel Sandberg
    Participant

I don’t know anything about the contractual arrangements, but when I watched the opening ceremony, and the parade of the nations, which went on for about 3 hours, I did wonder about all those athletes in the middle, who must have been ready for the walk-on probably about an hour before, outside the stadium, and then the walk itself, and all the waiting inside the stadium while the other nations walked on…….

Hi, Diane! Years ago, I was touring with a ballet orchestra, and we were performing in a pit which was lowered down after we had all taken our places. It was in Mexico, and some of the musicians were feeling the effects of Montezuma’s Revenge. There was no way to exit the pit except by climbing up to the stage, so we were trapped. At least there was an intermission! On the same tour, we were travelling on a bus that had no toilet facility in it, and the driver got lost. We drove around for quite a while after having had large breakfasts and lots of coffee. Pretty soon, we were looking up the words for “Stop! I have to go to the bathroom!” in our phrasebooks. He finally deigned to stop, at a little tiny gas station with one outhouse for the men and one for the women. It was like a scene out of Dante’s Inferno as that little bathroom, odiferous to begin with, was used with gusto by an endless stream of gasping musicians. Most of the men ran off to the yucca plants to relieve themselves.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies