harpcolumn

Is there a way to strap my Dusty Strings to my chest and play it while standing?

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Harps and Accessories Is there a way to strap my Dusty Strings to my chest and play it while standing?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    sirensinger
    Participant

I have an old 26 string accousic dusty strings harp with detatchable legs. It weights about 15 pounds. I was wondering if there was any way I could attach the harp to my body to allow me to play while standing.

• This topic was modified 6 years, 10 months ago by sirensinger.
    Allison Stevick
    Participant

I have a wide guitar strap for my Stoney End Brittany. I don’t know if that would work for yours or not, but I like it for mine. My harp is only about 9-10 lbs, so I can play it for quite a while before it starts feeling heavy.

Biagio
    Participant

You might take a look at jury rigging Camac’s hatness for the DHC Blue line. It looks complicated but really is not: just a body harness (similar to that used by a tree climber or SCUBA diver) with adjustable straps that connect to the knee and pillar. Some 2″ nylon webbing, a little Velcro and some buckles and you’re in business.

Biagio

sirensinger
    Participant

So I looked into the guitar strap method and I don’t think it will work with my harp because I don’t see where I could possibly attach it. I also loked into the other harness mentioned and it looks like it’s only for electric harps. any other ideas? I’m going to try to upload a photo of my harp this time.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    evolene_t
    Participant

Hello Anna,

It’s been a few month since you posted this, and I was wondering if you had found a solution? I am renting the same harp, only in double-strung.

The only thing I’ve found is not a strap or harness, and you wouldn’t be able to play this FH26 standing up. However, it might change the way you sit down. I’m talking about the harpsicle stick featured in Laurie Riley’s video about double-strung harps (about min 7 on the Youtube video).

This is what she’s talking about :
    Harpiscle Stick

And you can find more infos here : Harpsicle Stick – Harpsicle-Harp.com

Hope that can help! But if you find the strap solution, I’m definitely interested in hearing about that.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.