column

humidifier/dehumidifier combo recommendations

Home Forums Harps and Accessories humidifier/dehumidifier combo recommendations

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Bernadette
    Participant

Hi all,
    I’ve seen recommendations on humidifiers for harp owners but does anyone have any recommendations for a humidifier and dehumidifier combo? I live in an area where I have both problems: part of the year it’s too humid and part of the year it’s too dry. I have a small humidifier and was thinking of upgrading because it seems difficult to reach 40% and I like the idea of a combo unit rather than getting a separate humidifier and dehumidifier (party because I’m in an apartment and want to save space if I can) but would love to hear some thoughts from others. If there’s already an existing thread on this, please do point me in the right direction. Thanks in advance!

carl-swanson
    Participant

There’s no such thing as a combination humidifier/dehumidifier. They are two completely different machines that operate in completely different ways.

I’m sure there is a humidifier thread here someplace that explains in detail what you should buy.

Bernadette
    Participant

Bummer. I had seen articles that mention combos but they cite models that either aren’t sold anymore or they classify dehumidifiers with a humidistat and auto-shut off function as combo units and I guess I was hoping for a unicorn that someone might know of. Oh well, thanks anyway!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.