harpcolumn

How to inspect harp shipped at high temperature

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Harps and Accessories How to inspect harp shipped at high temperature

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    angel-tx
    Participant

I ordered an Odgen from LH and it was ready for shipping to TX

alice-freeman
    Spectator

I don’t have an answer to your question, but I was fascinated on the last afternoon of the World Harp Congress in Vancouver last week to watch people loading up boxes of Lyon & Healy

brian-noel
    Participant

The only thing that could possibly happen would be that the varnish may “melt”, especially on newer harps.

Sam Karlinski
    Participant

Heat damage can be the worst for your harp, and on top of that the temperatures that can harm the harp are surprisingly low (120 is what I think I’ve heard. Sure, it never gets that hot outside but you should think twice about leaving your harp in the parked car in the summer). The heat will melt the glue that holds the harp together, completely ruining it. Luckily, I believe that a harp really either gets no damage or it gets completely decimated. That’s lucky because if you can’t see or feel anything immediately wrong, then there’s probably nothing to worry about. Perhaps I’ve got my facts wrong and a more qualified person will step in and correct me, but I know for a fact that glue melting is a serious problem that anyone living in an area with a summer season needs to be weary of.

~Sam

Amber M
    Participant

it never gets that hot outside. Um…have you been missing the 120+ temps lately? If so, I want to move to your location! :-)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.