harpcolumn

How good is Camac korrigan 38 strings lever harp?

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Harps and Accessories How good is Camac korrigan 38 strings lever harp?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    jessica-yuen
    Participant

Hi everyone,

Can anyone tell me if camac korrigan 38 strings lever harp good?

There is a local person selling a one year old camac korrigan , I’m debating if I should get it. I have a custom local made nylon strung walnut 36 strings right now (very open and projecting sound) I found this a ok price and probably good to find a gut string to play differently? I tried it and I find it more forgiving to play but the sound does not project as well as my custom one right now.

Any recommendation or comment? If you know the approximate price for camac korrigan in you local area, please let me know, both used or new so I can judge if that I’d a good price.

Thx

Marisa Klages
    Participant

I learned on Lyon and Healy Troubadours… and I purchased a Camac Korrigan.

Anna Davies
    Participant

I hope this isn’t too late, but I have a Camac Korrigan and I love it. It’s a great sound and I can get it to project very well, so I’m sure once you got used to it you could too. My only problem with it is that it’s a bit of a pain to carry around because of its size, but that’s not too much of an issue. You can get a new one for just over £2000 in the UK, not sure how much that would be secondhand.

jessica-yuen
    Participant

Thanks for your poet. I had decided not to buy that second hand camac korrigan because I would like to stick with my custom lever harp and save money for a pedal harp sometime in the next 2 years.

Thanks anyway.

Jessica

deb-l
    Participant

seeing this thread come to life again makes my heart happy.

Jerusha Amado
    Participant

Hi Deb,

Let us know what you think of the Korrigan when you’ve had a chance to play it!

Jerusha

deb-l
    Participant

hi Jerusha..

Jerusha Amado
    Participant

Glad to hear that you are happy with the Korrigan!

deb-l
    Participant

thank you Jerusha for being supportive.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.