harpcolumn

How do you store your harp cover?

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Coffee Break How do you store your harp cover?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    darth-mom
    Participant

I have a three-piece transport set with no good place to keep it.

barbara-brundage
    Participant

The base cover is a problem because of the big plastic circle, but I put the column cover inside the big cover, roll them up tight, like a bedroll, and bungee with two bungee cords and the whole thing fits on the top shelf of a shallow bedroom closet, but just barely. I stand the base cover up on one edge behind the stuff in the bottom part of the closet.

But then I don’t use the whole set very often. For the harp I moved all the time I just kept the main cover draped over the carrier when I put that away.

rod-c
    Participant

Darth:

I don’t have any words of wisdom here.

jessica-wolff
    Participant

In a suitcase.

harpglo-jean
    Participant

All three of my (lever) harp covers are hanging from big hooks in my basement, which stays very dry year round..

Sid Humphreys
    Participant

Ah yes, covers are a pain to store especially living in a townhome! The builder of my place did not have the good sense to build a closet of anykind downstairs (this is always a joke as new people move in to our complex)! Not even a space to store a broom! I keep the base of my cover stowed under the livingroom sofa and the other two covers upstairs under the master bed. Yes this is a nuisance as I move the harp at least twice a week. I’ve noticed some “dead space” at the bottom of the staircase… thinking of knocking in to the wall and making a built in drawer.

Sid

barbara-brundage
    Participant

>I’ve noticed some “dead space” at the bottom of the staircase… thinking of knocking in to the wall and making a built in drawer.

Do it, Sid! I also live in a townhouse, albeit with pretty good storage, but the previous tenant cut a door under the stairs and it’s amazing how much storage there is in there. I’ve also seen where someone did stepped drawers, something like a built-in tansu.

darth-mom
    Participant

Thank you everyone for all of the great tips!

anne-mocha
    Participant

Dear Sid,

I have also lived in a townhouse and know what you’re talking about re: closet space.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Topics

Recent Replies