harpcolumn

how can i fix the buzzing sound in my harp?

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Harps and Accessories how can i fix the buzzing sound in my harp?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    priscila-silva
    Participant

I got my first lever harp in May and I’ve been teaching myself how to play, but about two months ago I was practicing my harp and I noticed that in one of the octaves some of the strings were making a weird buzzing noise. I’d assumed it was because of the temperture change because the room I’d been playing in had been warm and then the air conditioning had been turned on but once i had moved it to a constant temperture room even after a few days it was still making the noise. For a while i ignored it and just tryed to play in a diffrent octave, but then instead of a few strings it was the whole octave. When i played the string gently, it was quiet but I could still hear it buzzing. When i played the same string loudly I could actualy hear the buzzing and could barely hear the note. Has anyone else ever expierenced this and where you able to fix it?

Tacye
    Participant

Have read of this thread – most buzzes are easy to fix, once you have found what is buzzing!

http://musicstand.harpcolumn.com/forums/harps-and-accessories/posts/63691

priscila-silva
    Participant

We found the problem. I think when someone had been carrying my harp they picked it up by the soundboard and made a little gap of space between the soundboard and the supports behind the wood, not enough to break the supports but just enough to make that one octave buzz. I put a tiny bit of wood glue on it last night and when I played it this morning it was perfect!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.