harpcolumn

Holy Week Music – Violin, Cello, Harp

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Repertoire Holy Week Music – Violin, Cello, Harp

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    mary-dicken
    Participant

At the end of this month, I’m playing in a worship service with a violinist and cellist and am looking for music suggestions. Can anyone recommend any good arrangements for trio that would be appropriate for a Holy Week worship service? Arrangements for violin/cello/harp or flute/cello/harp would work (flute part could be adapted to violin). The string players are top-notch professionals, so difficulty isn’t an issue here.

In particular, I’d love to find good trio arrangements of any of these hymns:
    “What Wondrous Love is This”
    “When I Survey the Wondrous Cross”
    “Were You There”

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Mary, Vanderbilt Music Inc. in Bloomington, Indiana now distributes my Herald Music arrangements, one of which is a collection: Familiar Hymns With a Friend. This contains 21 hymns for harp and string quartet, with a CD included, along with all parts, in a plastic sleeve at the back of the main Harp book. Violin, Cello and Harp can easily perform this without viola or second violin. Professionals like yourselves may add double-stops to fill out any missing harmony, here and there, as you please. Some titles appropriate for Holy Week and Easter include: Golden Harps are Sounding; O Sacred Head; Jesus Christ is Risen Today; Love Divine, All Love Excelling; I Heard the Voice of Jesus Say;
    Rejoice, Ye Pure in Heart; Praise God From Whom All Blessings Flow; and so on.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies