Holy Week Music – Violin, Cello, Harp

Posted In: Repertoire

• Participant
    mary-dicken on #186408

At the end of this month, I’m playing in a worship service with a violinist and cellist and am looking for music suggestions. Can anyone recommend any good arrangements for trio that would be appropriate for a Holy Week worship service? Arrangements for violin/cello/harp or flute/cello/harp would work (flute part could be adapted to violin). The string players are top-notch professionals, so difficulty isn’t an issue here.

In particular, I’d love to find good trio arrangements of any of these hymns:
    “What Wondrous Love is This”
    “When I Survey the Wondrous Cross”
    “Were You There”

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

patricia-jaeger on #186538

Mary, Vanderbilt Music Inc. in Bloomington, Indiana now distributes my Herald Music arrangements, one of which is a collection: Familiar Hymns With a Friend. This contains 21 hymns for harp and string quartet, with a CD included, along with all parts, in a plastic sleeve at the back of the main Harp book. Violin, Cello and Harp can easily perform this without viola or second violin. Professionals like yourselves may add double-stops to fill out any missing harmony, here and there, as you please. Some titles appropriate for Holy Week and Easter include: Golden Harps are Sounding; O Sacred Head; Jesus Christ is Risen Today; Love Divine, All Love Excelling; I Heard the Voice of Jesus Say;
    Rejoice, Ye Pure in Heart; Praise God From Whom All Blessings Flow; and so on.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.