harpcolumn

Holst – The Perfect Fool ballet

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Professional Harpists Holst – The Perfect Fool ballet

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

In Holst’s ballet The Perfect Fool, the bar before and after rehearsal number 21, someone has pencilled in 8va, but it’s not clear which notes this applies to, or whether this is even correct. has anyone here ever played this?

julia-shaw
    Participant

Hi Elizabeth – I just dug out my part to this and three notes are marked 8va – the Ab before 21 and the Bb and F after.

alexander-rider
    Participant

Hey- I have to play this in the Spring- what’s your last word on this Elizabeth?

kreig-kitts

I misread that as “The Ferfect Food” and wondered what Holst was thinking when he penned that one.

Well, it’s the perfect food for thought! Once I play this, I will come back with an answer.

We just performed it, and yes, julia Shaw’s answer is the correct one. This is a beautiful piece! I am surprised it isn’t performed more often. One thing to watch out for, Alex, is that the rehearsal numbers aren’t always on the phrases.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Professional Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Recent Replies