harpcolumn

Highlands Harps

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Harps and Accessories Highlands Harps

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Kate Hinke
    Participant

Does anyone have experience with a Highlands Harp, made by Dan McCrimmon in Colorado? If so, how would you compare the sound with other 26-string harps?

I have a Blevins Melody 26, but always have to find something just the right height to put it up on, or carry a folding camp stool around with me (in addition to the harp, music stand, bench, etc..–a pain!) My Melody was made in 2002, and doesn’t have a place to install the legs you can get from Blevins–or not that I can see anyway. Apparently the stand for the Highlands comes with little wheels at the back!

Thanks for any help/info you can provide.

Sherj DeSantis
    Participant

I have seen and played them. I have not studied them as I was not in the market for a new harp, but the ones I looked at and played were perfectly good little harps. I did not care for the look of the stand itself. Just a thought about the Blevins, they do make a stick that elevates the harp called “Le Stik”. It is even more compact than the stand on the Highlands as I recall. It might be a more economical option, unless you would just like another harp. You can never have too many after all.

Kate Hinke
    Participant

Thanks! No, I’m not crazy about the look of the stand either! But I do like the fact that the stand apparently has little wheels on it. I’m considering “Le Stik,” but sure think it’s waaaay overpriced for a little piece of wood at $159.00!! Can’t figure out why it’s so expensive!

Kate Hinke
    Participant

Turns out, the Blevins “Melody” that I had will NOT work with “Le Stik.” The holes in the back of the sound box aren’t low enough.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.