harpcolumn

Here’s a thought/request!

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Harps and Accessories Here’s a thought/request!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    kay-lister

OK all you harp makers out there.

tony-morosco
    Participant

Already done. The Camac DHC Blue Light

http://www.camac-harps.com/camac-harps-eng/dhcbluelight.html

But because it is a solid body it is still not lighter than the carbon fiber floor harps (just as the wood solid body electrics aren’t lighter than the wooden floor harps). It weighs in at about 11 lbs.

Still, I held Deborah’s at a concert a year or so ago and it is significantly lighter than my wood bodied 30 string Camac baby blue electroharp.

kay-lister

You know, I was wondering if it had already been done.

deb-l
    Participant

my next dream harp.. DHC Blue Light, yep.

jessica-wolff
    Participant

Deb, you need more lives than a cat to accommodate all the harps you like (and cello too)!

deb-l
    Participant

you’re at least one instrument ahead of me Jessica, lets see, harp, guitar and banjo I think?

jessica-wolff
    Participant

Yep, those are the three, and I’ve been known to fool with the balalaika and bowed psaltery too, but frankly, I don’t do all of them justice. And yes, I like a lot of different harps.

deb-l
    Participant

Playing folk harp with other instruments I’ve done and enjoyed, at one
    time I played the flute, viola, mandolin, harp concurrently, and it was very enjoyable. Cello is such a beautiful instrument, learning it as an adult takes a great deal of time and effort.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies